We work with hundreds of families every week and believe effective parenting is the best way to improve the mental health and wellbeing of our children and young people.
Our FREE course shares practical parenting tools, using short engaging videos, to improve your confidence and relationship with your child, now and for the future.
To access the course please enter your email address below.
This course is completely free
Shows parents how family breakdown can affect a child mentally and emotionally, and how to prepare for this
Clarity about behaviour
This course will help you understand the root causes of your child’s behaviour, especially if they seem to revert to behaviour more appropriate to a younger child
Step by step
Shows how to move towards co-parenting after separation
Who is this course for?
If you are are going through separation following a breakdown of relationship with the other parent of your child then this course is for you. It will explain why and how to parent when one parent is non-resident.
It will also give you more confidence about the future for yourself, your children and your ex-partner.
Learning outcomes include:
- Parents/carers will be able to identify and organise specific steps to decrease their own stress and minimise child anxiety
- Parents/carers will be able to demonstrate how to promote age-appropriate positive play and interaction between themselves and their children
- Parents/carers will be able to understand how to improve communication between themselves and their children
- Parents/carers will be able to identify how to minimise negative parent-child interactions
- Parents/carers will be able to use tools such as reward charts to maximise positive outcomes for the family
Get instant access to the Parenting After Separation course
When you opt into this course you will get instant access to 11 modules about how to parent after relationship breakdown.
We offer a number of different services to help children and their families.
What our parents are saying:
My thanks will never be enough. Never, not in a million years, as there is no price tag on a mother’s relationship with her child.
…has completely changed my life for the better. It’s not only reduced the anxiety, but it’s stopped all the meltdowns and my house is so peaceful.
Free course sign-up
Frequently asked questions
Who are you? Tell me more about your charity
Fegans charity was founded in 1870 to help children flourish, and in July 2021, became part of Spurgeons charity. Fegans provides qualified counselling to 450 children and young people every week, in addition to supporting hundreds of parents across the UK, face to face and online. We also own and run DAD.info, a site dedicated to helping fathers.
What child age group is this for?
This course is useful for parents of all age groups of under 18s.
What if I have questions and need to talk to someone?
You will be able to post questions in our DAD.info forum, where our parent support workers can respond to your query.
What if I want additional support specific to my family situation?
We do offer parenting support sessions. For more information please click this link: Parenting Support With Fegans
How do I contact Customer Support?
If you have any problems accessing the course please let us know by contacting us here www.fegans.org.uk/contact-us and please include the following information:
– Tell us what the issue is
– Let us know your name and email address
– If you are getting an error message please screenshot it and include that in your message